Company: UBS AG, Zurich
Technology: Oracle, PL/SQL, Java, VB
Link: Not available
People in the project: Stefan Tröhler
Implementation period: Jan 2007 – Nov 2012
Cost: no details
Migration of the prototype database compiler created in 2003-2006 from Microsoft SQL Server to Oracle, Jboss, Drools and JBPM. The database compiler is still the core of the application. With the help of the compiler, the workflows for sheet data processing are created and stored in the database in the form of stored functions or procedures (PL-SQL). However, standard products such as Drools are now also used for the application's set of rules and JBPM for the timed execution of the workflows. The user interface is migrated from Microsoft VB to Java. A data migration from Microsoft SQL Server to Oracle is also taking place. The various tools for process monitoring and fully automated signature clean-up are left in C#, only the logic is adapted to the new infrastructure.
- Development of a UBS AG internal application for the generation and administration of physical signatures of employees authorised to sign, taking into account internal and legal requirements.
- Multi-layer technology, Oracle database, logic implemented using PL-SQL (graphical generation of stored procedures - worldwide patents), integrated security layer implemented using Oracle, PL/SQL and Java.
- Responsibility project management, project planning.
- Requirement engineering.
- Creation of specifications, adherence to deadlines, resource planning and project monitoring, team leadership and employee management (25 employees from 2003 - 2012, project volume > 10'000'000.00 SFr.).
- Version 2.0 (SQL Server, Transact SQL, VB) was migrated to Oracle, PL-SQL and Java.
- Data modelling, database development (Oracle, migrated from SQL Server) and the implementation of logic in PL-SQL (migrated from Transact SQL). Migration from MS SQL Server to Oracle 10g.
- Automated testing (HP QTP).