Company: Firma Bühler, Uzwil (40% - 60%)
Technology: MS SQLServer, T-SQL, Admin.
Link: Not available
People in the project: Stefan Tröhler
Implementation period: Jan 2017 – Nov 2017
Cost: no details
The company Bühler operates 2000 SQL servers worldwide. The main task in this project was to administer this SQL server in a ticket-oriented manner. This was done in a team of three employees who were responsible for the administration of this 2000 Microsoft SQL Server. Among other things, the following activities were carried out:
- Install and configure SQL Server.
- Configure SQL Server databases and storage.
- Plan and implement a backup strategy.
- Restore databases from backups.
- Importing and exporting data.
- Monitoring SQL Server.
- Tracking SQL Server activities.
- Manage SQL Server security.
- Perform ongoing database maintenance and optimisation.
- Automate SQL Server maintenance with SQL Server Agent jobs.
- Configure database mails, alerts and notifications.
- Install SQL Server Virtual Cluster.
- Ticket handling.
- SSIS, SSAS and SSRS installations.
- Creation of various concepts in the area of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Requirement engineering.
- Loading and cleaning of data using T-SQL.
- Creation of ETL processes using SSIS packages or T-SQL.
- Data refinement and data mapping using T-SQL.
- Loading of data into the surrounding systems.