Company: UBS AG, Zurich
Technology: MS Access, VBA, VB 6.0.
Link: Not available
People in the project: Stefan Tröhler
Implementation period: Jan 2001 – Dec 2003
Cost: no details
Creating a prototype for the application or for the database compiler project to be launched in 2003. The prototype will be developed using Microsoft Access and VBA as well as Microsoft VB 6.0. The aim is to be able to keep the migration as simple as possible when the application is later implemented. A migration from Microsoft Access to Microsoft SQL Server is the easiest way to keep the migration costs as low as possible.
- Develop a UBS AG internal application to generate and manage physical signatures of authorised employees, taking into account internal and legal
- Employee data is consolidated from several different sources (national and international) and refined with the help of data such as the company structure.
- By sending an e-mail, the employee is requested to submit his or her signature ( form, in four languages) and the submitted signatures are read in by means of batch processing.
- The aim is to develop the complete software for managing the signatures of authorised employees in as short a time as possible (RAD Microsoft Access 97, VBA, VB 6.0) and, in parallel, to develop the prototypes for version 2 (SQL Server, VB).
- Requirement Engineering.
- Create data model using Dezign.
- Implementation of customer requirements using Microsoft Access 97.
- Microsoft Visual Basic for Application and Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0.
- Provision of reports (Microsoft Access 97) and consolidated evaluations (Microsoft Excel).
- Testing and documentation (user and technical).