Company: Novartis AG, Basel
Technology: Oracle, PLSQL, SQL, MS Access, VBA
Link: Not available
People in the project: Stefan Tröhler
Implementation period: Sep 2003 – Jul 2004
Cost: no details
Creation of a Microsoft Access application that obtains its data from an Oracle database, calculates the life cycles of the individual products of the company Novartis Pharma and supplements or refines existing data. Subsequently, the data is exported into reports, which are realised in Microsoft Excel. The application is realised using Oracle and PL SQL as well as SQL, Microsoft Access and VBA as well as SQL and Microsoft Excel and VBA. The final product is the finished reports concerning the life cycles of the individual products of the company Novartis Pharma.
- Analysis of the existing application.
- Requirement engineering.
- Data model creation using Dezign.
- Realised using Oracle, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel.
- Linked data from Oracle into a Microsoft Access database (Views).
- Creating the queries (SQL) for the data transfer via ODBC.
- Programming of the assistants to create the reports.
- Wizards (VBA) control the filtering, refining and sorting of the data.
- Exporting the data (entire table) to Excel.
- Calculating and forming the graphical representation (VBA).
- Testing and documentation (user and technical).