Company: UBS AG (Bankverein), Basel
Technology: MS Access, VBA, Microsoft Excel, SQL.
Link: Not available
People in the project: Stefan Tröhler
Implementation period: May 1998 – Jun 1998
Cost: no details
Picasso is the corporate structure of the Bankverein. Since there were considerable adjustments to this company structure during the time of the merger of UBS AG and the Bankverein, the existing Microsoft Excel solution had to be replaced by a dynamic Access application. The aim was to be able to make manipulations to the tree structure quickly and easily. The application was implemented using Microsoft Access, VBA as well as SQL.
- Picasso is the entire corporate structure of UBS AG.
- This corporate structure was created and maintained manually in a central controlling office in Basel.
- After the merger of the two major banks UBS AG and Swiss Bank Corporation, manual maintenance was no longer feasible.
- Corporate divisions had to be integrated into each other, existing divisions were replaced or abolished and new divisions were added.
- Due to the fact that the old Picasso application was realised using Microsoft Excel and VBA, it was decided together with the client to realise the new company structure using Microsoft Access and VBA and to integrate new customer requirements regarding the merger during the realisation.
- Testing and documentation (user and technical).