Company: UBS AG, Zurich
Technology: MS Access, VBA, SQL
Link: Not available
People in the project: Stefan Tröhler
Implementation period: Jan 1998 – Feb 2000
Cost: no details
Project: After the merger of Swiss Bank Corporation and UBS AG, the aim was to combine the private banking clients of both companies and to reallocate them to the client advisors. For this purpose, a Microsoft Access application was created, which on the one hand carried out the planning for the reallocation of the customers, but on the other hand also monitored the status of the implementation. The application was realised using Microsoft Access, VBA and SQL.
- After the merger of UBS AG with Swiss Bank Corporation, all clients of the Private Banking Group (of both big banks) are transferred to the newly formed big bank UBS AG, which was created by the merger.
- The client advisors of both companies are merged and assigned to the regions.
- The clients of the regions are assigned to the newly assigned client advisors, this under the condition that the client agrees to change with one client advisor.
- For this purpose, an application (Microsoft Access 2.0, Microsoft Visual Basic for Application) was developed for this purpose. and generates evaluations (Microsoft Access 2.0) or status reports (Microsoft Excel, VBA).
- Requirement Engineering.
- Create data model using Dezign.
- Implementation of customer requirements using Microsoft Access 2.0, Microsoft Visual Basic for Application.
- Microsoft Excel.
- Testing and documentation (user and technical).