Company: UBS AG (Bankverein), Basel
Technology: MS Access , MS VB 6.0.
Link: Not available
People in the project: Stefan Tröhler
Implementation period: Jan 1998 – Oct 1999
Cost: no details
Migration of 200 databases from Microsoft Access 2.0 to Microsoft Access 97. Frontend and backend were migrated in each case. Logic that was implemented using VBA or macros was checked and adapted if necessary. This applied to both the user interfaces and the reports.
- Migration of approx. 200 Microsoft Access 2.0 applications to Microsoft Access
- No tools may be installed on the system for the migration of the 200 Microsoft Access applications.
- Create an inventory of all existing Microsoft Access applications.
- Identify applications and backup copies.
- For backup copies and old data applications, the migration had to be done at the Microsoft Access level only.
- For current applications, all logic also had to be migrated.
- OCX component (Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0) was developed, which documents the entire application in a text file and searches the documentation for various searched for various keywords. Based on the search results, the migration could be carried out.
- Testing of the migrated applications.