Company: Liebherr, Germany
Technology: Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL
Link: Not available
People in the project: Stefan Tröhler
Implementation period: Sep 2012 – Jan 2013
Cost: no details
The aim of the project is to migrate a Cognos data warehouse to Microsoft SQL Server. The ETL routes were implemented using stored procedures in T-SQL or SSIS packages were created. The data cubes were implemented using SSAS and the reports were realised using SSRS. Thus, in 2012, the entire data warehouse was converted or migrated from Cognos to Microsoft SQL Server. The task was to support and train the database developers at Liebherr so that they could successfully implement this migration. In special cases, development work was also carried out on more complex tasks that could not be solved by the teams.
- Requirement engineering and creation of the concept.
- Consulting and training of internal employees for the conversion of a Cognos DWH to a Microsoft SQL Server DWH.
- Creation of the ETL processes (SSIS and T-SQL).
- Creation of the cubes (SSAS).
- Creation of reports and ad-hoc evaluations (SSRS).