Company: Postbank, Bonn
Technology: MS Excel, MS Access, VBA
Link: Not available
People in the project: Stefan Tröhler
Implementation period: Jan 2014 – Apr 2014
Cost: no details
Collaboration in the project team of a large rollout of the Postbank. The aim was to monitor the Windows migration of the entire Postbank. For this purpose, several applications were implemented using Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access. Status files were imported, status data were evaluated and a consolidated status could be published daily. This made it possible to monitor the large-scale project. The migrated computers and the software on the individual devices were of particular interest. Not only the migration of the standard software was monitored, but also the migration of special programmes, some of which were migrated manually to the new environment. Status files in Microsoft Excel or status files from Microsoft Project were used as data sources, which were imported into the Access database.
- MS Access and VBA development to monitor the stages for a large infrastructure project.
- Reading out the data from the various Postbank systems.
- Based on the data analysis, the current status of the migration work can be can be determined.
- Microsoft Access application developed.
- Import of various files from the Postbank's systems.
- The data is refined and subsequently analysed.
- Daily tranches are formed with the workplaces to be migrated.
- The migration of the individual workstations is monitored.
- Workstations may only be migrated if they comply with certain rules.
- Creation and expansion of the data model (DeZign).
- Documenting the data flow and the application.
- Creating specifications for new requirements and their implementation.