Company: Philip Morris, Lausanne
Technology: MS SQL, Oracle, PL/SQL .
Link: Not available
People in the project: Stefan Tröhler
Implementation period: Sep 2001 – Jul 2002
Cost: no details
Documenting all Microsoft SQL, Oracle and Microsoft VBA applications for the Philip Morris laboratories. The inventories of the applications were taken and both technical documentation and a user manual were created for each application. Both documents were produced in English.
- Documenting the quality monitoring applications in the laboratories.
- Applications created using Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0.
- Backend Oracle and PL/SQL.
- Backend Microsoft SQL Server and Transact SQL.
- Analysing the applications to be documented.
- Discussions with the development teams, with the responsible project managers.
- Recording the original requirements for the applications.
- Some applications had to be analysed from scratch (data model, database logic, user interfaces and user interface logic).
- Based on the analyses, documents and discussions with the responsible parties, a technical documentation could be created.
- The technical documentation was created using Microsoft Word in German and English.