Company: Robert Bosch GmbH, Zuchwil
Technology: Microsoft Access, VBA.
Link: Not available
People in the project: Stefan Tröhler
Implementation period: Jan 1990 – Dec 1991
Cost: no details
Develop various applications for production time recording. As part of a project to optimise the production lines of the anchor coiling plant, several applications were needed to measure the cycle times of the production line and to determine the manual interactions of the employees on the production lines. For this purpose, several applications were developed using Microsoft Access and VBA or Microsoft Excel and VBA.
- Creation of various applications to optimise the automated and manual production of the company Robert Bosch GmbH in Zuchwil and Deitingen. In Zuchwil, the production of the anchor winding line (automated production lines) was analysed, and various applications for recording and evaluating the individual machine cycles were developed.
- The applications were developed using Borland Pascal, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Visual Basic for Application, Microsoft Visual Basic and Microsoft
- Based on the data collected by the applications, considerable productivity improvements could be achieved.
- In Deitingen, manual production was monitored, production times were recorded and work schedules were created based on the recorded and calculated times.
- An ACTUAL and TARGET value was determined, the calculated times were presented in the form of new work schedules and introduced into the operation.
- A Microsoft Access 2.0, Microsoft Visual Basic for Application application was used to create the work schedules Visual Basic for Application was created.
- The work plan was generated and the time calculated on the basis of the stored individual work steps.
- The work plan was created with Microsoft Word.
- Requirement Engineering.
- Data model creation using Dezign.
- Implementation of the customer requirements using Microsoft Access 2.0, Microsoft Visual Basic for Application, Microsoft Excel, Borland Delphi, Microsoft
- Testing and documentation (technical).