Company: Deutsche Bank, Frankfurt
Technology: MS SQL Server, MS Excel, VBA.
Link: Not available
People in the project: Stefan Tröhler
Implementation period: Apr 2014 – Apr 2015
Cost: no details
Create an application using Excel to calculate the cost savings of staff reductions at Deutsche Bank. Not only wage costs are considered when calculating the savings, but also severance payments, additional payments and all other costs that are incurred. The data calculated in this way is made available in various reports for senior management. The application is implemented using SQL Server as the data source and Microsoft Excel as the reporting tool. The application was programmed using Microsoft T-SQL and SQL as well as Microsoft VBA. It was necessary to comply with all legal requirements.
- Creating the application for monitoring the Opex Initiative of Deutsche Bank in
- The goal is to save 4.5 billion euros by the end of 2015 through staff reduction/optimisation.
- The Leaver Tracker application monitors all necessary processes.
- Monitoring of the OPEX programme of Deutsche Bank.
- Application development (VBA, Excel, T-SQL) with SQL Server.
- Data sources (ETL, SSIS, T-SQL), DWH (SQL Server, Cognos).
- Creating and extending the data model (DeZign).
- Documentation of the data flow and the application.
- Creating specifications for new requirements and implementing them in the development team.
- Integration Services (SSIS).
- Integration Services (ETL).
- Data refinement T-SQL
- Data mapping T-SQL.
- VBA application development incl. client/server solutions with MS Excel.