Company: UBS AG, Zurich
Technology: MS Excel, VBA.
Link: Not available
People in the project: Stefan Tröhler
Implementation period: May 2001 – Jul 2001
Cost: no details
Create the UBS AG BuyList application. This application is about the analysts' recommendations regarding the trading of securities. The individual recommendations are published weekly on the UBS website. Data from individual Excel files are read in, the overall recommendation is calculated by means of complex calculations and finally published on the Internet. The application is created using Microsoft Excel and VBA.
- The recommendations made by the analysts (Microsoft Excel) are summarised, consolidated and re-evaluated in another Excel file.
- For this purpose, the individual recommendations are read into the new Excel file file file by file using Microsoft Visual Basic for Application, consolidated and re-evaluated on the basis of defined mathematical principles and complex
- Taking all recommendations into account, a new recommendation is calculated for each security (buy, hold, sell).
- The consolidated Microsoft Excel file is then made available to UBS AG clients on the Internet.
- Testing and documentation (user and technical).